15g sea spaghetti, dried or a handful of fresh sea spaghetti
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon wine vinegar
4-5 carrots, washed well, not peeled, and
sliced into long, fine lengths with a potato peeler
Half bag rocket salad
3 tablespoons good quality olive oil
1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon coarse whole grain mustard and honey
1 tablespoon mixed seaweed
2 cloves garlic, crushed
A pinch of cayenne pepper
A pinch of sea salt
TO PREPARE THE SEA SPAGHETTI
1. Rinse the dried sea spaghetti and soak in warm water for 1 hour or briefly steam until al dente. If using fresh sea spaghetti, rinse well and steam for 10 minutes until al dente.
2. Rinse the seaweed again and then marinate in lemon juice and wine vinegar for a few hours or overnight.
3. Some can be left full length to decorate – chop the remainder into 2.5 – 5cm (1-2 inch) pieces.
TO PREPARE THE SALAD
1. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small jug.
2. Pour the dressing over the carrots and sea spaghetti mix and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
3. Mix the marinated ingredients with rocket and serve!